June 02, 2004

Resurrection

Back to the land of the living. You know when you wake up at 3:30am, if you look at your clock to check the time, and it's 3:30am, it's like the kiss of death? Once I know that it's that time, it's like there's no way I can get back to sleep inside of about two hours.

To make matters worse, I had been reading an anthology of American Splendour. I saw the movie a few weeks ago (there's a good review of it here). It produced crazed dreams where every detail of every thought had to be translated into comic form... not very relaxing. But then, Harvey Pekar wasn't a very relaxed guy.

I had planned to make my return to work on time, but when I 'woke' up at 8am with a sharp pointy headache I knew it wasn't going to happen. A couple of extra-strength painkillers later, without managing to get back to sleep - I eventually floated into work about 11am. It took hours for my brain to get earthed!!

Tonight I finished my Accelerants article. Excellent.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did u saw the light? ... :O ... luckly, u have came back, and thats good. I like your backyard very much, and Ive been stolen thyme (I want to prepare a thyme tea) and oregano (pizza without oregano is a sin :P) ... hope u will forgive me. Cheer up with this blog, Ive added u to my blogs_to_be_visited list. Best regards.
Angel

2:35 pm  

Post a Comment