October 17, 2005

New backyard

My new backyard is fantastic, a vast improvement on gloomy valley in Arch Hill. Look at where I get to hang out when I get home from work in the evening! It's still sunny until about 6pm, and I'm looking forward to that stretching on into the evening.

mm.

There's even some little kids from next door that come over and play. They're just the right size to climb the tree on the left. I wish there was a me-sized tree to climb.

Last night upon watching the unsurprising amount of coverage of NZ Idol on the 6 o'clock news, I resolved to do something I've never done before and cast a vote. I am so unclued up that I didn't know how to do it (nor how much it would cost) so I sent a text to Jo, who I knew would know. To ensure I got a reply in the next hour, which was when voting closed, I sent the same text to my sister Anna.

Hilarious then, to get the replies. From Jo, "txt NIK to 2299," and from Anna, "Send "ROSITA" to 2299."

And no, I wasn't influenced by Howard Morrison's statement. Ha.

Did anyone catch 'The Fabulous Life of Outkast' on C4 last night?? It just made me love them more and made me really want to see more of their music videos. They're so good to look at.

12 Comments:

Blogger noizy said...

I saw the Outkast thing. Andre 3000 is so the man. The 'quiet bus', mmmm...

Not so enamoured of Big Boi though - he seemed to be all about the bling, the parties, the cars, the pole-dancing in his lounge...

12:45 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Yeah, but he's also good to look at!

1:07 am  
Blogger ANNA said...

Your backyard is the coolest! I may have a backyard but it is NOTHING compared to yours...lucky you ;) And Rosita rules!!!!

2:50 am  
Blogger llew said...

Seriously excellent Backyard!

4:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice backyard.

6:22 am  
Blogger Miss Marisol said...

gorgeous backyard! how i long for grass that belongs to me!

so who won nz idol?

9:30 pm  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

yaay for greeny growing things!

(Less yaay for the creepy crawlies that lurk therein)

S.x

1:11 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Thanks guys. Shame it's so cold and raining today. Someone said today that Labour Weekend is like guaranteed bad weather, too.

Jo I have no idea what you're talking about. Marisol, Rosita won, and she's going to be on Top of the Pops next week! or so I heard.

Saturnyne, that reminds me I must photograph the seriously obscenely large spider that lives in the windowframe above my bed! Will the flash freak it out causing it to jump homocidally onto my face and stick its poisonous talons (go with me) into my cheek injecting acidous venom direct to my bloodstream killing me instantly?

6:36 am  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Indubitably!

Couldn't have put it better, myself. Except for adding that it would be feeling terribly guilty about it all.

Wouldn't be surprised if it hung itself a noose from its own silky webs afterwards, and left a farewell note (Which would be undecipherable obviously, as it'd be written in Spidery. But which would be full of remorse and self-loathing for all its terrible heinous crimes, including several prior slayings)

Well you did ask!

S.x

5:35 pm  
Blogger Paul Capewell said...

Nice new place :)

Whereabouts in town is it?

And coverage of NZ Idol on the evening news?! God I miss Aotearoa!

paulie

6:35 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

oh it's beautiful. I can only find crappy flats that i'd never want to live in at the moment. :(

10:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having witnessed firsthand the awesomeness of your bakcyard, may I offer some polite applause? Its a beauty.

8:36 am  

Post a Comment