September 26, 2005

A return to function.

I moved out of the little house in Arch Hill a week into this month, and stayed at a friend's flat off Richmond Rd for the last couple of weeks. Yesterday, at the difficult end of a play-hard weekend, I packed up my effects and again moved, this time to a friend's couch in the central city, off K Rd.

Next weekend I move into a place in deepest Grey Lynn just for me (and three flatmates). I can't wait. Being displaced doesn't entice me at all.

Interesting the way necessity and convenience conspire to condense the essentials. The number of bags I have with me remains high, and many sit undisturbed between moves. It's more of a hassle to rummage through them than to subsist on the same set of clothes. The stacks I've left in various places become less important, out of mind.

in piecesFriday night was the much-anticipated boss's birthday party. It was great fun, and I avoided the tricky precipice of too-far. Still, I wished I could call on the some royal men and horses to have a go at finding the bits of me that apparently rolled under the furniture after I crashed out on Saturday morning, Humpty-style.

Sometimes it frustrates me, how little I say in these posts. Sometimes I'd like to colour in some detail, add some flesh to the bones.

Existential crisis, methodical Taurean style. Wearying, fulfilling times.

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss Marisol said...

"Existential crisis, methodical Taurean style. Wearying, fulfilling times."

I should be wearing this sentence on a t-shirt since it feels like it's written all over my head.

Brilliant.

1:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly where you're coming from. I have "the real story" to tell on many occaisions, but can't, or won't, due to who I know is reading (and what they might think, feel, express...). I want to have an anon blog. Haven't been able to yet. Someone might find out! SCARY!

8:45 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Thanks Jimmy... I should have known that mentioning the origins of the net would bring the true believers out of the woodwork! People probably just saw right through my claims of holding it together at the party. And so they should. Lies, all lies.

10:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as the front lawn said:

"Grey Lynn...nice place, eh?"

3:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holding it together? Meh, it must be overrated, cos im not doing it.

4:05 am  

Post a Comment