September 04, 2005

Music Awards Finalists vs The Mansion

I went to the Finalists' Announcements for the New Zealand Music Awards on Friday night. There was wine and beer as we entered, but it wasn't until we walked right into the Exhibition Room at the Hilton that I noticed the 42 Below bar being set up. And I had to get through my glass of red first! My companion said, "Just put it down." Put a full drink down?? I did time in Dunedin, we don't put drinks down. Eventually I downed that one and got my hands on a simply sublime kiwifruit vodka and kiwifruit juice cocktail, ooh in a martini glass, even. It tasted soooo good that I had to switch to beer and stick with it for the remainder of the event.

Now what does it say about me that I write about the alcohol before the music? Oh, superficial me... You can view a list of the finalists here. Yay for the Phoenix Foundation's nominations and yay for artists associated with my employment! The event proper takes place on 5 October at the Town Hall. Think I'll have to get over my retail phobia by then - and probably before the Silver Scrolls next week, too.

pretty details

The other thing I wanted to say is that it would seem my time is almost up at The Mansion. I know I haven't mentioned this place at all (although I did post some pictures here) - but it's primarily where I've been working for the last four weeks - hence all the driving - I even slept there last night.

Today has been quite full on and something of a culmination of sorts... anyway the coolest thing is that I heard that the house was used as the exterior (at least?) location for the professor's house in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I love that story so much! Can't wait for the movie.

6 Comments:

Blogger Miss Marisol said...

I've seen the trailer for the Narnia film...it looks fantastic! I am tres tres excited as well...

11:56 pm  
Blogger llew said...

what business takes place at "The Masion"?

12:18 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Oh, didn't I say? Mostly table tennis, with a side of singstar and foozball :)

12:44 am  
Blogger Miramar Mike said...

You are so living the dream.
On ya. I am living vicariously through you!

2:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

table tennis and foozball...cheeky.
A friend sent the 42 Below advert link a few weeks back...very cheeky.
Dunedin must seem like a long long time ago indeed.
Ditto the yay for TPF (and SJD)
So, what's the next work assignment?

10:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look out for me at the Awards, Jessie (not the Silver Scrolls, the Vodafones) - I'll be the one running interference between a drunk baby brother and his TV reporter ex - oh the joy! Someone's gotta do it - fancy joining me at the table where it'll all be happening? Either way, I'll come and say hey!

10:42 am  

Post a Comment