August 05, 2005

The ride continues...

wheels: the real deal No kidding. This is my new wheels. Not this car exactly, but one very like it. I have a few weeks' secondment as a runner starting next week - well, today as it turns out - and a car being a requirement of the job, this is what the Boss (he prefers the title 'ubermensch' ;) has come up with. A Mazda MX5, two-seater convertible Roadster. Wildly impractical, but oh! so fun.

The Finns concert was great fun. Phoenix Foundation played first, and did well in spite of the somewhat wooden crowd. Set list here. Tim and Neil Finn were on next, with a backing band that included Neil's son (not Liam, another one) for one of the encores. I was a little uncertain about it, but my doubts were quickly erased - it was great to hear lots of old favourites from the Crowded House and Split Enz days. They really are slick performers, and the show was dynamic and exciting. I felt a bit sorry for the guitar techs though - there seemed to be multiple guitar changes between every single song.

Later I sifted along to the after-party at Tabac, very swish. Nice to see you, Phnx boys.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finns? Mazdas? Uberwha...?

WHO are you?

:D

8:08 am  
Blogger Dodderyoldfart said...

Join the club. I have a mx5 too, great fun!

8:57 am  
Blogger David said...

Do you get to take the car home at the end of the day?

And shouldn't a "runner" be running?

9:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck is funny.
Damn, rubbing elbows with Helen Clark one week, hanging out in Tabac post Finn gig with TPF, AFTER driving 'round in your fancy wheels the next....
My head spinneth over.

8:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wanna swap? I'll take the Finns and the fancy car and you can have my Nissan and draw MSpaintings all day...?

Actually, I'll take the MSPaintings too. But you can do my actual job. Lord knows someone needs to do it eventually...

10:56 pm  
Blogger Martha Craig said...

Crikey. I'm in awe. Auckland seems to suit you (and I mean that in a good way. I like Auckland.)

3:45 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

I just do what I'm told ;)

Here's a pic of the car. Yep David, for the next while, it's mine 24/7. As for actually running, there's some pretty large distances to be covered, so I think not :)

Tricia - I hear ya. Mine is spinning a bit too.

6:51 am  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

ooh! gorgeous carrrrrrr!

CAn i borrow it?

...won't crash it much, i promise!

S.x

2:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooohhh ... a fashion girl in a convertible. No Comment... :D

will u forget the poor people?

7:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll have to change my mind about Akld after this...I want that car! Just call me Materialistic Meg :)

11:30 pm  
Blogger Miramar Mike said...

Score! On ya ...

11:01 pm  
Blogger Miss Marisol said...

Nice wheels, Jessie! Do you leap into the driver's seat like the rock star you are?

I love that Crowded House has a Wikipedia entry.

11:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap! awesome!! that'll solve car issues for a while!

5:39 am  
Blogger Pix said...

Well, I don't like auckland. But my little sis got a raise after a month in her new job there, and you seem to be having a blast!

11:56 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Thanks all. I've been flat out all week but surely will find a moment in combination with suitable inspiration to update sometime soon :)

11:49 am  

Post a Comment