July 17, 2005

There and back again



What a lovely, exhausting weekend. Really cool to catch up with lots of friends - Libby, Lucy and Asa in Hunterville, then in Wanganui my brother, and my travel-weary (although he insisted he wasn't tired) Dad fresh off a plane from London, plus a host of lovely people in Wellington. Thank you thank you to all who spent Saturday night at the treehouse/ski lodge/former casa mea in Mt Cook. It felt like a five-star hotel in comparison to my current abode. To be fair, the kitchen is looking relatively clean, and once someone buys dishwashing liquid, we can begin to scale Mt Dishes.

9 Comments:

Blogger Francesrosey said...

thats the sheep by the viaduct isn't it?
I have photos of myself with those animals

11:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Jess! Was so good to have you stay, it felt like you never left! Hope you got home safely. So how was the big day?!

Ange

9:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed I didn't get to see any dancing on the tables...

11:16 am  
Blogger Herge Smith said...

Damn! missed another good night out.

9:14 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Fran, they're on Main St, Hunterville, not far from the shepherd and his huntaway!
Thanks Jo, it was great to catch up!
Hi Ange, day one was pretty cool, getting orientated and stuff... I got to drive a huge range rover, that was pretty fun!
Lisa, what is this table dancing you speak of?!
Herge, that's what you get for living in not-NZ ;)

6:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure someone said they needed more drinks before they jumped on the table to bust a move. I saw a lot of alcohol consumed and yet not one dance move.

7:30 am  
Blogger Francesrosey said...

http://francesrosey.googlehax.com/photos/view/fran2003/sheep.jpg

see... sheep in auckland!

2:57 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Ha! Nice :)

10:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she's sexy.. whats her name? where did u meet?

9:36 am  

Post a Comment