August 19, 2005

Congestion

Picture this, for a laugh: due to the temperamental functionality of the lock on the driver's door in the MX5, in order to exit said vehicle I am required to clamber over the gearstick and handbrake and passenger seat which just happens to contain a Fender Telecaster and fall out of the passenger side door. Grrr. That'll teach me for being a wuss about vampires and werewolves attacking me in transit and locking the door from the inside.

Tonight I'm off to the Odeon for Bachelorette's EP release gig. I'm looking forward to it - seems like an age since I caught some live music.

Today I had a day off - sort of - so I took the opportunity to have a facial. I love the way the beautician says 'congestion' instead of 'blackheads'. And with that pleasant imagery, have a great weekend.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, cheers.

Enjoy the music.

8:19 am  
Blogger Paul Capewell said...

Mmm...Nothing like a bit of congestion to ease me into Friday morning...Nice :)

Lack of live music? Too right, I'm the same. Going to a gig the girlfriend has to review tomorrow...I'm thinking ultimateXsceneXcore. Wish me luck.

paulie

8:24 am  
Blogger SingleFin said...

Hell yeah. Fridays... live musicery for me tonight too! Have fnu!

12:52 pm  
Blogger Miss Marisol said...

Haha! I'm sure you make falling out the passenger side door look very cool.

2:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jess sounds like you are well - i'm in auckland on thursday night - staying out in manakau, but will probably get together with some peeps for dinner/drinks - you keen?

i'm excited for live music in chicago - so far have built to spill, the mountain goats, dead can dance and sleater-kinney lined up.... and i'm only there for two weeks! sometimes i wonder why i ever left....

xomarilyn

10:49 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Hi Marilyn! Yes I would like to catch up on Thursday, and I don't think I have to work... although I'll know more by say - hmm, Thursday afternoon probably. Musicians, huh ;)

11:21 pm  
Blogger Pix said...

Hee hee. Love how auckland just can't make a jaffa out of some people. You just managed to make being a yuppie sound really rustic with the car gymnastics and the very sexy facial.

I've been thinking bout you lately, as i have been listening to the arcade fire, and jimmy introduced them to me as one of your favs, and i can see why, but it kindof belongs to you in my head. which is cool i guess. god. and i've only had one glass of wine and this is the verbal diahorrea you have to deal with.

Take care!

10:57 am  
Blogger Cece Martinez said...

Everybody is getting facials and waxing and pedicures and all sorts of cool stuff! Waa!
I feel so ungirly and rugged!

3:34 am  

Post a Comment