September 08, 2005

Move, Moving, Moved

Done. I've moved out of friendly Arch Hill and am now existing in a no-man's land of room-of-currently-and-temporarily-abroad friend-of-a-friend, until I pull myself together and Make A Decision about where to live, permanent-like.

my home for the last twelve weeks

The operation went very smoothly, largely due to the wonderful assistance of Ru and Ryan, and the cavernous capacity of Benny's van. My material existence is now spread across the city, with large furniture items in storage, cds, books and random bits discreetly hidden at work, and day to day personal effects at the aforementioned new living situation, somewhere in the penumbra of doubt between Grey Lynn and Ponsonby.

The obvious question: why did I move? Answer: I came home from work four weeks ago to the news that my flatmates had notified the landlord that we were all moving out. Wayne is moving into a studio space in town, and Jess and Carthew are about to head overseas for Coco Solid's tour. Fill in the blanks.

So I've made some cursory attempts at flat-hunting, in a half-assed sort of way. Not having weekends makes it a bit tricky - although I've just done a quick count and I have actually looked at five places. The problem is that I'm terribly dithery about where I want to live. I'm not even going to get into the circular arguments I've been having with myself over location. I will just continue to believe that cat-style, my feet are destined to hit the ground first. There are some options...

Obscure personal insight time. Although I do seem to be dealing with it, there's been a little angst of late, for the most part strangely and somewhat inexplicably associated with intersections. Ponsonby Rd and Williamson Ave. Remuera Rd and Lucerne Rd. Cartridge World stores. I've been training myself to let the balloon go but I'm keenly aware of the lengths this has required in the past. I'm older now, I don't need to run away. "I shall conquer this!" (And I'll do a better job of it than Darcy.) I think I'm going to have to extend myself with this being grown up business.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Marisol said...

Yes, I think it's better to be enlivened by the uncertainty of "where" "what" and "why" then lulled by the mediocrity of absolute certainty.

4:11 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

i loves this house, cool palms


maybe you should live... who'm i kidding, i have no good advice

12:27 am  

Post a Comment