October 07, 2004

*drool*

A month or so ago Bridget Jones' Diary was on television. Even though we'd all seen it, Stacey, Amelia, Nick and I were on the edge of our seats. Perhaps for different reasons. What is it about Colin Firth as any kind of Darcy that's entirely irresistible?? I've seen Pride and Prejudice about a million times; during its second run on Montana Sunday Theatre I even taped it and took out all the ads. It runs across two battered old video tapes, and every few months we enjoy a P&P marathon. Most recently, two weeks ago. *Bliss*

I know almost all the words; we crow with delight at the altercations between Lizzy and Darcy and we howl with dismay and frustration at Lydia's misbehaviour. It doesn't get tired. In fact I've been keeping an eye out for it on dvd on trademe. The gift that keeps on giving...

Anyway, the word on the street is that there's a new version of P&P, know as Bride and Prejudice. Hmmmm. Not sure... early reports sound reasonable however; I'll give it a shot. It's directed by Gurinder Chada, responsible for Bend it Like Beckham. Which I haven't seen.

What do the people think? Worth a look, I guess. Props to Jane Austen, anyhow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

No closet here! I'm out and proud :)

9:02 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

While the book and the movie are fine, I'd like to point out that it's Colin Firth as Mr Darcy that I'm declaring my love for.

1:52 am  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Mmm, Pumpkin has a thing for Colin Firth as Mr Darcy, too...

She particularly likes some scene where he's just stepped out of a puddle/lake or something...

Not seen it meself... am however, trying to find a Colin Firth face mask so i can sell meself to any womans Colin Firth fantasy moments...

Thanks for leaving me a blog message.
S.x

3:41 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

After much reflection I think it has something to do with his eyebrows.

4:36 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Haha just saw this... check out the first q&a

9:46 am  

Post a Comment