September 20, 2004

Lawnmower?

I'm pretty busy at the moment... the grass is getting a little long around here.

I have been wanting to make a few changes too, mainly to the colour scheme because that seems to be the simplest thing to change... trouble is I'm not terribly good at colours; I live in Wellington - we wear black!

Just quickly then, props to the Phoenix Foundation and to David Kilgour and the Heavy Eights who made my Friday evening a most pleasant one.

A few more credits: thanks to A Low Hum for Issue 12, I'm digging it heaps - Dan Kelly is on right now with this upbeat bluesy kind of song called 'Step Forward'. I love that rousing chorus. Heh. Rousing.

Thanks to all the people who had parties on Saturday night; thanks Michael for hanging out and (again) turning to cabbage with me, thanks Marilyn for the new Calexico cds and thanks Matt for the movie.

I aim to be less busy after this weekend. Ah, one can dream.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger SingleFin said...

A goat. That'll sort the grass out...

Plus you could train a monkey to ride to goat to the shops and do your shopping for ya!

4:37 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Not a bad idea at all! I'm a little scared of goats though. But hey: "Whiskey is the key that set the monkey free!" Ah, I've been meaning to use that for ages. Pinched it from here via here (to be precise, here.) Which gives me the opportunity to direct your attention to here! Go monkey!

The dumb thing about comments is that you can't edit them, so here's hoping all these links stay put.

8:48 pm  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Paint it black then, although i can't for the life of me see what's wrong with green grass... i always thought it looked kinda purdy.

Get Singlefins goat and monkey and have THEm paint the grass black, then have them nip to the shops for some beer for everyone!

And Wellington looks real purdy (word for today: purdy) from that link ye have here... i swear, as soon as i'm well enough/willing enough to travel AND have the money, i shall be stalking both you and Tam with delightful glee!
Carrying an axe.
Wearing a t-shirt saying "i am not an axe murderer" and the back of the shirt will say "i'm just being ironic" all Oscar Wilde-like.
And i will put my special grin on. The one that Charles Manson envies.

If all goes according to plan, i should be old enough to stalk you from a nice comfy wheelchair, with a lovely nurse to push me around...

=}

5:57 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

*gulp*

5:49 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Because your birthday is in in January-April, at a guess. Paselode were Paselode, a good performance, and Rhys was great as usual, meaning he took off his shirt. Just kidding... he's an excellent drummer. I look forward to seeing what he gets up to next!

9:57 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Yes. I did mean that. Only my birthday is in Januar-April so I have a mental block in expressing otherwise... think I'll head down to the smokecds sale soon... elbows prepared

10:53 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

No, Hot Swiss aren't playing... we were asked to do it but had to turn it down. Hope to make it up to Aucks again before the end of the year, though.

3:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey im from canada - and i'd just like to ask what is actually going on here - and where is WEllington, dont you guys have anything better to do than write down this useless stuff?

-or is there really like some hidden meaning im too foreign to understand - although i am from canada i'd just like you to know i am also very lonely email me PLS!!! samestar9@hotmail.com

9:22 am  

Post a Comment