September 06, 2004

A Weekend Went By

Today was a beautiful day. I went for a walk along Oriental Bay at lunchtime, and it was so lovely. I like the new ocean-themed mural on the (Damn! My D string just broke) wall as Oriental Bay begins but I miss the cool attacking-buzzy-bees one.

I've been having a Grandaddy rennaissance lately, mostly because Stacey lent me 'Sumday'. I used to have it, but I made the fatal mistake of lending it to Rhys and when he returned it to me, it honestly looked as though he'd taken to it with a pot scourer. He had taken it away on a Paselode tour. Tried to blame it on the band... but who else in the 'lode would listen to Grandaddy?! Song of the day: "I'm Okay With My Decay".

Good weekend. Friday was a non-party night; I needed to conserve energy and funds. So I did a Mt Vic rec mission. I went up to Ben and Flora's new place on Hawker St, hung out, admired the view, drank tea etc (as you do), and then back to Stacey's new place a couple of blocks from mine. Both these visits made me more inclined to move out of my own home. I've lived there for close to two years now, due to equal parts laziness, nice flatmates, and the all-round excellence of my room. Big and sunny - great - but the time is drawing near when this fails to balance out the general skankiness of the rest of the house. We have infestations!! About two months after I announced it, flathunting proper commenced on Saturday. My new homies and I all want a backyard. (Of course!!) And I don't want to leave my 'hood.

I spent Saturday afternoon printing and sewing labels on to band t-shirts, full of anti-ci-pAtion. To cut a long story short, the Fang/Hot Swiss Mistress show was awesome. Hot Swiss totally blew me away: they were outstanding. Excellent crowd too, nice Happy vibe. Fang were cool, kind of wish I'd indulged a little less so I could say more about them! They played 'Yellow' first, it's such a cool song. I love that lyric, "All day, all night, I love to be in charge..." And I really like 'My Love Follows You'... and 'Something Good' (who doesn't?!).

If you want a Hot Swiss t shirt, e-mail me or check them out at Dandylion in the Leftbank Arcade, Cuba Mall. Spurred on by the (anticipated) success of the t shirts, I suggested coffee mugs next... and someone had the audacity to suggest we sell some music first! Brought me down to earth a little. It's just so much easier to sort out merch than it is to sort out recording!

And on that note, it's time for me to crash. Yup, it's a Monday 'catch-up-on-the-weekend's-eXtreme-lack-of-sleep' mission.

Stuff to look forward to:
  1. Feeling mature that I've decided against going to the bNets (yeah right)
  2. Dimmer gig at Indigo this Saturday - guess who's doing the door
  3. My oldest bestest friend Libby coming to stay in a couple of weeks' time
  4. My sister Anna having a baby real soon!!
  5. A new house on the horizon...
HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY STELLA MARY!!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger SingleFin said...

Why does the weekend have to leave? It's just not fair. Especially as I seem to not remember large portions of it... Dammit.

1:36 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Tell me about it. No, actually, I remember 'most all of it, and there were some particularly good parts. ;)

9:22 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

I don't understand the question. Do you mean because the weather is so lovely today, and it wasn't quite as good on the weekend? The weekend is glorious enough without needing good weather - but I agree that it is enhanced to the nth degree by a brilliant clear sky.

6:52 am  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

i love a clear sky... but i love a bright sky with dramatic angry clouds racing in from afar too...makes splendid photographs, don'cha know!

What kind of infestations have you got? Is it smelly hippies? Elephants in the fridge? Or under the bed? (The Saturnyne remembers all the old bad jokes. And some highly offensive new ones,too!)

5:35 am  
Blogger noizy said...

// Feeling mature that I've decided against going to the bNets //

So, err, I'm being immature by going? Heh. I must be regressing to infantilism already.

10:27 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Noo, I'd love to go, it's just that I need to be here to work the door at Indigo on Saturday, and I can't afford it, and it's time I grew up and lived with the idea of missing out on a party!!

Have fun!! Bring back gossip.

11:00 pm  
Blogger noizy said...

"Have fun!! Bring back gossip."

I will. I shall.

11:22 pm  

Post a Comment