August 18, 2004

stormin'

What's going on?!

Apparently there's raw sewerage on Wakefield St (where I work) but I don't see any from my window - phew. There's virtually no traffic, and I'm told the streets are bare of people. No trains, no planes, no trains, no ferries, roofs lifting off all over the place, trees down, windows blowing out. It's said to be the worst storm since the one that took out the Wahine in 1968.

News reports here, here and here: this one saying the worst is over. Some realtime webcams here.

I hope so.

Oh and there's rubbish all over the place.

Pretty annoying, all this, as I wanted to do some shopping in Cuba Mall at lunchtime. Maybe I'll brave it anyway...

Wish my feet weren't so cold. Last night I succumbed to temptation and retrieved my heater from where I'd carefully stashed it to last week, having decided in a wild fit of fancy that winter was, in fact, over.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I sure hope it's better weather tomorrow if I'm trekking down to the city to see you!

9:42 am  
Blogger SingleFin said...

Sounds like fun. Here, it's been fairly similar:
Cornish Floods52 years to the day the same happened in Lynmouth.... spooky, huh?

3:26 pm  

Post a Comment