August 16, 2004

New ad bar thingy: look up!

I like: nice change from google advertising hinged on random keywords.

Just one thing. I was seriously considering attending the bNet awards this year on September 10 in Auckland, sounds like a good party - but I heard yesterday that the tickets are like $80!! There I was thinking I would bludge off one of the nominated bands, and my informant tells me that even the nominees only get two tickets to share between them! What's up with that? Can anyone explain the reasoning?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Okay, on reflection I'm not so overjoyed with the new 'nav-bar' from blogger - my easily-distracted mind now has another mindless idling mode to slip into.

Is today not the coldest day EVER??

5:43 am  
Blogger SingleFin said...

Thought it was quite warm myself, but then there is an entire world between here and there. It's raining lots tho....
Nav bar looks better than the ad bar on mine - it keeps coming up with Holistic therapies and Shamanistic retreats in Anglesey. What's that all about, eh?

12:23 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Apparently it's 7 degrees, but I think it's actually a LOT colder. I woke up this morning about 5:30, thought it was an earthquake - it's normal for the house to rock in the wind but it was seriously shaking in its foundation!! Check this out (hopefully the link will stay put for a while). I have to admit I caught the bus about two blocks this morning to avoid the horizontal rain...

9:45 pm  
Blogger noizy said...

I think the 'two-tickets-per-band-thing' is purely a space-saver. The Bruce Mason isn't that big, and they have to have enough room to fit in all the schmoozers and industry big-wigs as well.

Having said that, I have managed to blag my way in for free the last two years, so it is possible. ;)

10:05 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

If anyone's a schmoozer, then fercryinoutloud I AM!! Any blagging tips?

3:57 am  

Post a Comment