August 15, 2004

Another one bites the dust

Another weekend, that is.
"...and what I miss now is my ignorance of all those things that I saw down there..."
Last night I saw Age Pryor and the Pryorities play their first ever gig. It was so so lovely. Tessa Rain is such a gorgeous vocalist! I can't wait to see them again. The band included Mike Fab on bass, Sam Scott on guitar, Lee Prebble engineering, someone I don't know on drums, and two cellists. And of course Age Pryor on acoustic. Apparently the performers couldn't hear anything - but they pulled it off flawlessly nonetheless. Cool party too.

Now I'm listening to 'Here*', the most beautiful Pavement song ever. In fact it's one my old friend Mark wanted to have played at his funeral. I've got Slanted and Enchanted, Last Splash and Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star on random. (Actually according to my stereo it's shuffle. Shuffling is for cards.)
"And the jokes are always bad... but they're not as bad as this."

I'm in a Sunday mood... I feel the weekend slipping away and I don't feel like I've achieved much. Earlier on I actually busted myself with minor urges to visit home. I guess it's been at least a few months. And I got the sweetest email from my Dad the other day. I almost cried. Katy, Audrey (Megan, Anna: do you read this?) - didn't you feel the heartstrings pull?

Today's slice of vague reality: The thing is, I've never been big on common sense. Why would I start now?

And in case anyone is wondering, the Bad Luck Ball was pretty cool. People had gone to some lengths with their costumes, so I didn't feel out of place! I got there about 1am after going to Stacey's 'Goodbye Merv' party, just caught the end of Horror Story (I think) and then the Fanatics played. Pretty badly. I know what you're thinking: how can you fuck up singing along?! It was a little jarring, and kind of disappointing, hearing songs that I like being butchered. But it's their prerogative; what can you do? They didn't play 'Afternoon Seat' which is my favourite so maybe I should be grateful for that. Anyway I hear the ink is almost dry on a record deal with a certain label...

Finally, does your blog own you? Thanks to Steamincow.

12.5 %

My weblog owns 12.5 % of me.
Does your weblog own you?


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

It's okay to mess up the backyard, as long as you tidy up. I'm not big on tidying, myself. Me and Amelia and Jade are gonna come to your party too, btw.

6:33 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Yeah that's about as deleted as it gets. There's probably some way I can access the code for comments and clear it up a bit but ... it'd take ages and it's not such a big deal.

10:41 pm  

Post a Comment