July 20, 2004

pro drag: all stars

Pro Drag were wicked last night. Boss Christ is the coolest drummer ever!! Ace Hurt thought there wasn't enough distortion, but it sounded pretty grunted up to me.

I'd like to see them supporting MC5 on August 3, but I hear the tickets are circa $50 and seeing as I've got my Auckland adventure that weekend, it probably won't happen.

Speaking of which, the lineups are finally almost finalised. We're They're playing with Chris Knox!! at the Ambassador on Friday 6 August. On Saturday 7 August at Eden's the bill includes the Shallows! We're so spoiled...

Besides potentially missing MC5, I'll almost definitely have to miss Fly My Pretties, which runs from Aug 4-8 at Bats. It sounds really interesting so I'm disappointed. Lucky for me it's being recorded and filmed.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter McLennan said...

Hey Jessie,
there's heaps of music related films - spike jonze rarities, michel gondry retrospective, Festival express, Frodo is great who is that, Mayor of sunset strip (saw it, great subject, but poorly made doco, and they showed the trailer for the film before it), Lightning in a bottle, Screaming men.... do check the Ramones one tho, its delightfully grim.
cheers!

10:05 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

You're right. I am intending to go to the Spike Jonze and Michel Gondry films, didn't take them into account as 'music' films I guess. Is there really a Figwit movie? What's it called? Damn, that boy gets around!
I'm also hoping to go to Animation Now! because I've been the last couple of years and it's been pretty amazing.

10:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you going to Auckland? Cos I'm telling you, you rully rully rully oughta go see Pluto on the Thursday night if you're still in Welly...

10:43 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

We'll be leaving on the 4th. So no Pluto for me. You'll have to enjoy it on my behalf...

10:52 pm  

Post a Comment