September 14, 2004

It's not so bad, is it?

Last night Amelia commented on my new earring. "Where'd you find it?" she said.

"..uh.. funny you should ask..."

"Uh-oh, where'd you find it??"

"Umm.. I found it.. on the street... "

"In the gutter??!"

"No! On the pavement... outside J&M's... about 4am on Sunday morning."

"DID YOU CLEAN IT?"

"Duh, of course I cleaned it."

Found object: very pretty star earring on long chain
Found where: on the pavement outside J&M's, late-night fast food joint, MSG a speciality
Found when: circa 3:30am Sunday morning

I'm quite pleased with it, actually. I only got my ears pierced (in the conventional sense) about two months ago, and I've been wondering where on earth one acquires earrings from. Now I know. Eyes to the floor, people.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Thanks! Apparently asymmetrical earrings what all the hip kids are wearing... *at last* hahaaa

6:21 am  
Blogger Cece Martinez said...

um...did you...
...............
did you clean it, Jessie? cuz...well...you cleaned it didn't you? of COURSE you cleaned it! please tell me it is clean...

signed-
obsessive/compulsive

10:35 pm  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

an' if you did clean it out... make sure you cleaned again afterwards... just to get rid of those previous cleaning chemicals. And then perhaps a few more times as well... just to make sure... if that's at all possible... of course if it were me i'd place it under an electron microscope and pick any possible germs off with teeny-tiny molecular tweezers. And THEN not werar it. Just to be on the safe side, y'understand?

OCD?... yup... been there... didn't like it... but find it hard not to go back for visits... repetitively... =\

2:01 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

It's okay, folks, I cleaned it. I cleaned it good. I do appreciate your concern, however.

2:22 am  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

ma lo avete pulito Jessie? puliti esso?!?!

(well the translator thing was there. An' i thought "Why nottt?" kinda evilly).

6:04 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Naturalmente! Che cosa lo prendete per?! ;)

Oh, Olivia my wonderful fiery friend from Torino, you would be proud.

6:21 am  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

ah, i love the babel fish translator. Cool addition to any discerning blog... although i'll resist nicking this, as well as Singlefins weather pixie... at least until next year...

Hee-hee!

6:25 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Why thank you.

8:06 pm  

Post a Comment