October 04, 2005

Secrets are hard.

I'm going to get to the point right away: finally, the first announcement for the Big Day Out 2006 is tomorrow morning.

Now for some self-pitying moaning. I started feeling rough last Monday in the aftermath of my large weekend, and it hasn't gone away but rather persisted in a most insidious fashion. The last couple of days my glands have joined the party so this morning I decided it was time to enlist the medical profession. My doctor of choice wasn't immediately available so when I stopped by Harvest Wholefoods health store for some miso and was advised to speak to the naturopath, I ignored my misgivings and did so. She was lovely, and she mixed me up a potion of various herbsnsomethings, 2ml of which I am to take five times daily. It tastes really gross ... but I want to get better, and it was cheaper than a doctor, so we'll see.

For those interested, my potion consists of various measures of white horehound, pleurisy rt, tanekaha, ribwort, ginger, cayenne and licorice.

She also told me that all alcohol is poison, but that it is okay for me to load up on pseudoephedrine to get through an event. So I'll see how I feel tomorrow - the music awards being the event du jour - and what with work starting at 7:30am, it's gonna be a long day.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oooooooo can't wait!

Well, maybe I can. I have managed to make it to any BDOs thus far, and 2006 is not likely either. But... maybe if the Super Furry Animals... naaaahh, right?

10:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh I feel a Big Day Outing coming on! Bring on the big names! And the small names! And the Arcade Fire!!!!

10:19 am  
Blogger Miss Marisol said...

She told you not to have a drink, but to load up on pseudoephedrine?! That stuff is just discount speed. It's fun, but come on....everything in moderation.

Of course, I'm a wino, so who am I to talk?

Feel better, sweets!

5:11 pm  
Blogger harvestbird said...

I like the sound of this horehound--I would try taking that alone and see what effects you have :)

10:36 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

I'm still a little sceptical at this point. Throat is no better, and I don't think blood is a good sign... I'll give it another couple of days.

Miss Marisol, I have been known to have selective hearing at times ;)

9:27 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Update on the 'Lurgy: I wound up going to the doctor on Friday morning, having decided I was too sick to visit Wellington for the weekend as planned. She diagnosed infection in my lungs, throat, ears, sinuses... antibiotics, stat! And it was a bizarrely cheap $22. At the end of day 2 in bed, I'm feeling better but not out of the woods just yet.

I just watched Finding Neverland. So! Good!

10:41 am  

Post a Comment