August 23, 2011

From a Suit to a Fluorescent Jacket



On Saturday afternoon, I decided to pop out for a quick bicycle ride, relying on @londoncyclist's Bike Rides iphone app. I chose the route named "From a Suit to a Fluorescent Jacket", which takes in Canary Wharf, Greenwich, around the O2 and on to Woolwich and back again.

I figured it'd take about an hour, and I'd be home in good time to meet my friend Maria for dinner. An hour and a half later, as I lazed in the hot evening sun at Greenwich Park, I realised I was not going to be back in E8 for some time. All up I was out for about 3 and a half hours, including chill time. Click to see photos on flickr.

It was a gorgeous day, and it felt good to be exploring. I should mention this was partly intended as a training ride, as this bank holiday weekend I'm off to Normandy with some friends to cycle between Bayeux and Cherbourg. More on that later.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment