December 03, 2006

Jakob

I haven't disappeared into the world of secondlife. In fact I haven't really spent any time on it lately, and the ongoing frustration at my inability to use my 'camera' properly - I think due to my laptop mousepad - has hindered any real investment.

Rather, I've been very busy with work. Here are few shots (okay, pxts) of my new favourite band, Jakob, taken at the Leigh Sawmill on Saturday night.



More on flickr. You can see the video for 'Safety in Numbers' from their latest album Solace here. NZ Herald story on the band here.

And what else is new? I was sick last week and had a day off work, for the first time in ages. Managed to knock it on the head so I could work on the weekend though: I wasn't going to miss out on my first trip to the famous Leigh Sawmill!

Vague plans have been laid for a camping holiday with friends, following Christmas with the family. I would LOVE to go to this (behold initial googling result here!); more likely that I go to this.

The Wellingtonista crew had their First Annual Wellingtonista Awards for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence on Friday night. I'm pleased to see a few of my votes winning through.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leigh Sawmill? That place was owned and run by my rellies (I grew up in Warkworth).

11:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, the lovely Jakob. I have some shots of them at the King's Arms from January 2004. Still have rather a soft spot for them.

Is the Flying Nun boxset sexy and important enough to warrant an import?

Paul

3:34 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Hey Greg, do your relatives still own it? I met two of the owner/managers.. Ed and er.. Mike perhaps? Or was it Matt.

Paul, without having seen it with my own eyes, I'd say a definite YES. It's limited to 2000, you can read about it here.. if you haven't already ;)

Aaand if anyone wants to show me love, I've recently rediscovered my smokecds wishlist... right here!

8:07 pm  

Post a Comment