November 09, 2006

9 November 1999

It's been a little while... I half-wrote a post about how exciting it is that my speedometer is working again, even if it is a little overshadowed by the generally decrepit state of my car and the large amounts of work that need to be done before I can even dream of getting a WOF, which is due very soon.

I was going to post this photo of some things on my desk at work. That seemed like a great idea, but not today, and now not ever, so go on and take a look at a little piece of my work life. Now that it's November 9, for another five minutes anyway, I will say a word or two about my day. Work is pretty busy at the moment - in a good way.

This evening I went to see Anika Moa at Tabac. I'd never been to a show at Tabac before. It was lovely. The crowd were very nice and mostly everyone was attentive. Anika plays requests and she did 'What's Up' by 4 Non Blondes - everyone sang along - it was great. I asked for Jimi Hendrix 'Little Wing' and she did play the intro, and that was very cool to hear.

There was a song which I think is called 'Mother' from the album Thinking Room, and I cried. Just a little bit. It's seven years today since my mum died. I looked at the ceiling and I looked at the blurry floor and I listened to the words and was glad to have that very real moment to think and remember my mum.

Funny weather today, huh.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Anika did the 4 non blondes cover over here too. it was awesome. it's like she has a little mole in the audience who yells it out when she takes requests so it looks spontaneous, cos it really is brill innit??? (that's me mocking some people - innit?).

11:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your mum, Jessie.

5:34 am  
Blogger Tomatohead said...

This was a touching, touching post. I guess in my mind's eye, you were a wee kid when you lost your mum.

11:33 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

I was 19. So.. not so wee, but then, not so big.

3:10 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

so sorry about your mum, it is nice when good music actually touches something in you and makes you remember a wonderfull person.

Sounds like you have a great dad looking after you x

10:48 pm  

Post a Comment