October 19, 2006

We partied

It's a bit of a vague one today.

Last night was heaps of fun. I put on my pretty new dress, got my hair done, plastered on as much eye makeup as I could, then my lovely partner Etienne and I headed to Aotea Square. At my insistence, we avoided the red carpet. Then, to our horror, upon entering the bar area were told that the bar was closed!! What a catastrophe. Being resourceful, I soon found a glass of champagne (thanks Boh :) and then, a bottle (thanks Chris)! And we were away. Not so helpful for ET though. Sorry ET.

Anyway to avoid pages of detail, the awards were great fun, the performances were all good (particularly the Opensouls, Bic and Concord Dawn), and the afterparty was amusing and inebriating. There was an odd hiatus between the ceremony and the party where everyone stood around outside wondering where the fire was. I went home right when I should and we all lived happily ever after. Did I miss anything?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ANNA said...

When do I get to see you in your dress then? Sounds like a good night for all. Pity it wasn't in Welly...

4:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The podium looks less concerned with displaying the glamourous gowns of the winners, than providing the less glamourous winners with a nice, sturdy surface upon which to lean when standing upright becomes a bit challenging. Go Kiwi!

12:55 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Anna: flickr is it I'm afraid. Til next awards season anyhow ;)

Robyn, you're right. Very little glamour. But it rolls good.

10:13 am  

Post a Comment