September 24, 2006

Dimmer; Sun


I saw Dimmer play three shows last week, and it's given me a new appreciation of the latest album, There My Dear. I already quite liked it - but now I really, really like it. There's a tour coming to a town near you (if you live near Dunedin, Christchurch or Wellington) in early October. I hope I get to see some of it.

This is the first weekend I've spent in Auckland for a little while. It's been relatively eventful. Friday night I managed to severely flood the house, which has doubtless made me quite the unpopular flatmate, because the carpet still smells BAD. We've got three heaters and a dehumidifier on the job, too.

I started Saturday dismantling a stage, and spent the rest of the day with my mind deeply occupied with some of the more impenetrable mysteries of the world. (Still haven't figured them out, if you're wondering). Today was a glorious day of sun and reflection. I spent much of the day walking and listening to good sounds, and slowly, slowly perspective shifted until the sun began to seep in and warm me up again. Shouts out to Tara, Letitia and Charlotte for the tea and sympathy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment