August 17, 2006

Banging that ol' drum again

This evening, from out of nowhere, I felt a pull from Elsewhere.

I was walking along K Rd, hoodies up, listening to the goodness of my-top-rated on shuffle, when it hit. Go, go, go, it said! Be elsewhere. Pick up, pack up and off. There's no need to stick around. Why stick around? Nothing here is so vital that life needs to be delayed, nothing is going on that is more important than a good thorough exploration of [insert country/city/self].

Run away! Leave it all behind, go stir up some life elsewhere. Find some place, some other thing somewhere else. There's something someplace that needs discovering, people to talk to and sights to see.

8 Comments:

Blogger Paul Capewell said...

I fully approve :)

Sometimes like those, I wish I could drive.

Good for you... :)

What did you find?

12:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is that piece of road? It reminds me of driving down the west coast, or maybe the road to New Plymouth.

8:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh oh. Elsewhere is rearing its head again. Won't be long before you give in to its pull. ;)

As for the road, I vote for the West side of Lewis Pass, heading towards Reefton.

Sydney sounded fun!

9:37 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Thanks for the comments. The desire to explore is all well and good, and I will certainly do so sometime. It's the eternal wanting to run away part that worries me.

As for the road, it's just north of Rotorua on SH5. I forget the name.

3:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its called fitzgerald glade. and you'd better give me a big dollop of notice before you bugger off to elsewhere.
the boss

5:26 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Of course...

3:50 am  
Blogger limegreen said...

Thinking of elsewhere. After travelling to England, France, Germany, & Denmark while not visiting (or only transitting) London, Paris, Berlin, & Copenhagen; I was driven by your admonishments to venture into the latter while transitting there on the way home. After weeks of living out of a suitcase, and nothing but 40 odd hours of travel ahead of me, I thought it was a little unhinged, but I see why you rave now. And I was only there for just over an hour...

4:56 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Fantastic! I wonder what my second impressions will be? Not long until I find out, hopefully.

10:49 am  

Post a Comment