July 13, 2006

Deja Voodoo changed my life... again

Goddamn I love Deja Voodoo. I've just been to their album launch party at the Underground Bar and I haven't laughed so much in ages!!

There was a meat raffle and an awesome lit-up backdrop of the Voodoo logo that Chris made himself, and they started their set with 'I Smoke P (And I'm All Right)' and for the next hour I alternately gazed in starstruck awe and laughed myself silly at the pure theatre of it all. To think I hadn't seen them play since The Party at Big House.. Roll on Monday and the release of 'Back In Brown'!! The set included 'Today Tomorrow Timaru', 'Weed On Green Man', 'Beers', as well as songs from the forthcoming disc 'Can't Do What I Wanna Do', 'Auckland Girls' and 'Team Police'. They ended the encore with 'Feelings', due to popular demand, and it was a beautiful moment.

Best Thursday in ages.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Haha I'm not even sure if you're taking the piss :)

Actually I think they ended the encore with 'We Are Deja Voodoo' (they rock more than you do).

10:25 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Oh yes of course. I also had a superb and astoundingly awesome lunch with Joanna at Delicious. My first time eating there and it definitely won't be the last - oh what delights! And the company was top shelf too :)

7:47 am  

Post a Comment