October 22, 2005

Deja Voodoo Changed My Life

Last night I saw Deja Voodoo play at a huge party in Parnell - Mikhal's 'goodbye bFM' party. I hadn't seen them play since they opened my BDO experience in January, and they were totally awesome and consequently are now my most favourite band ever. I can't stop listening to 'Today, Tomorrow, Timaru'. You too can hear them right here.

The Fanatics were great too. I didn't see Farmer Pimp, who played first, and the Bleeders didn't get to play at all, due to the collapse of a balcony at the seriously packed-out house. There was a bit of chaos, but no serious drama. Thanks to Hannah for the link.

Before I went out last night, while indulging in some untimely template-fiddling, I happened upon my blogger profile page. "2005 is the Year of Romance," it proclaims, before continuing "(It's also the Year of the MP3 Player.)"

Where is my romance??!

I suspect that at the time when I composed the 'About Me' text I actually was in the midst of something that, if you looked at it through a kaleidoscope under the influence of some heady skunk and six tequila shots, could have been called romance.

Aside from one or two recent trainwreck/romcom moments things are pretty slow right now - which, as it turns out, is not too bad at all.

Regardless, it certainly is the year of the mp3 player, and as fortune would have it I acquired my own piece of the mp3 player action a couple of months ago (thanks boss). Not that I'm above trying to blag an upgrade...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah, you're not the only one lacking romance. I think 2005 must have been the year without romance. Hmm.

Nanos are nice though huh!

11:19 am  
Blogger Miramar Mike said...

No way, romantic free ... shame on you New Zealand!

AND ... nice story (to win the ...) but, if I was the judge, I'd say the flower-smeller deserves the prize :-)

11:29 am  
Blogger Miramar Mike said...

(BTW: I left the exact same comment at http://liverstone.blogspot.com/2005/09/charades.html by mistake - imagine the confusion)

11:31 am  
Blogger Hannah said...

Did you see the other article on the party in the Herald on Sunday? Apparently Bruno Lawrence used to live in the house.. fancy that.

Blogger puts a far too small limit on 'favourites' in profiles - deja voodoo still makes it on mine - scungey old men and I love them.

6:33 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

Hey I left a comment that has disappeared! I basically said that if you have an mp3 player (prob more usefull than romance) then maybe you will meet someone while listening to it and absent-mindely walking into them.

I like the song that goes i smoke P and I'm ok

3:04 am  
Blogger Paul Capewell said...

Holy moly... Where was that?

I might start crying - I spent about two months of my life living on St George's Bay Road (at number 17, the backpackers with a few names)

Nuts. How fun :)

But now I'll be daydreaming for hours...

paulie

12:46 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Haha Mike that's great!! Thanks for giving me a good laugh to start the week with :)

Hannah, I did see that article - did you see that huge headline! And there was a picture. It's reproduced here, but no pic unfortunately.

Rosie, maybe.. yeah that is a cool song!

Paul, the flat is on St George's Bay Rd but forty-something, I think.

1:19 am  

Post a Comment