June 25, 2006

Have you seen this can?

I inherited this from Ru when she went overseas a few months ago. Along with a few other curious items, it's been sitting in the pantry since then, until I couldn't be bothered cooking anything requiring effort last Thursday evening (remember how it was really cold? And I almost couldn't go out to see Trans Am, but then did anyway, and they were cool even if they did go a bit overboard with the vocoder?)

Turns out that Sarson Ka Saag (Curried) is awesome and really easy and generally the best thing ever. And according to the information on the can, there's a huge product range - now I just need to figure out where to buy it! I tried the Asian supermarket at Mercury Plaza, but no luck. I would have gone to the other Asian supermarket behind the food court on K Rd, but I couldn't find a park. Online, I made it as far as this website, but none of the links work.

Can you help?

6 Comments:

Blogger ANNA said...

What part of the world is it from Jess? My neighbours import bulk food from Indonesia so I may be able to help source it for you if it's from there...

3:06 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

This the website of the manufacturer, based in India. I'm going to call the NZ importer. Stand by!

3:37 am  
Blogger llew said...

It's spinach right? I had chicken saag the other night. yummy.

9:21 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Yes spinach. YUM. And I called the importer/wholesaler people and they said they don't have the cans, only the frozen ones! So it's all very mysterious and so far, disappointing.

10:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a huge asian supermarket on the corner of Canada St & Mercury lane. It's dingy but intrigueing

12:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good to me! Lots of great mystery foods here in Melbourne, write me ...livespit@yahoo.com

Love Ryan

10:01 pm  

Post a Comment