June 04, 2006

Confessions, observations.

My name is Jessie, and I'm an alcoholic.

That's not true. My addiction is less destructive, but still insidious... It's not the clear liquids I crave but the bright colours of jet planes, the deliciously chewy chocolate caramels, the heady delights of my dear dear pineapple lumps. Could be worse.

At the Odeon on Saturday night I saw the lovely Cassette play to an adoring crowd, and was subsequently impressed by Augie March. Found myself part of a walking bus bound for Grey Lynn - I thought - but we stopped by at a party and later I waved the bus goodbye and stayed on, once more into the breach.. found some new adventure buddies and had the most fun ever at Western Springs park playground.

I headed to the Schooner last night to see the Mint Chicks. Missed the Cosbys and the Whipping Cats :( but I did see some of the Rock n Roll Machine and they were heaps of fun. I look forward to seeing them again at the carnage of the D4's swan song gig this Friday night at the King's Arms!! And yes the Mint Chicks were great. I'm glad they are back on the circuit.

Strangely, I've been having a drum n bass backslide lately. It's pretty unexpected.. gave Kosheen's 'Resist' a run through yesterday and now here I am listening to 'Coded Language' by Krust. Something about the lady vocalist's discordant lyrics is so haunting. It completely evokes my room at Spaniensgade 15, the wide grey skies, bicycle lanes, green green gardens and intensive self-searching. Anyhow I don't expect it to last.

Queen's Birthday today. Any minute now I'm going to start having a brilliantly productive day. Starting with a brisk 7km run. Seriously.

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul Capewell said...

Sounds like a pretty decent set of gigs past and future...

Paul

11:58 pm  
Blogger ANNA said...

Go on, tell me, did you really do the run??? And you've reminded me I have a packet of Sprats in the cupboard... just waiting for a mid-afternoon sugar slump. Yummy.

5:32 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Yes I did Anna. Although it's actually more like 6 and 3/4 km, takes just under an hour.

6:41 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

And truth be told, not all that brisk.

10:33 pm  
Blogger miss_seph said...

woah - running.

and around all the hills and stuff of central auckland.... eeeep!

3:47 am  

Post a Comment