May 09, 2006

Make A Wish

I recently discovered a startling thing: I don't know how to make a wish. While it's possible that I'm wishing for things all the time, when I consciously go to make a wish, like when you blow the seeds from a dandelion clock or cut into your birthday cake, I'm at a loss.

I don't see the point. Is the idea to wish for something that could potentially happen? Surely if this is the case, I probably just need to put some work into making it come about. Or do I go for something incredibly far-fetched, something that wouldn't normally happen in the general course of day to day events? If so, what difference is wishing going to make?

Perhaps I'm lacking imagination. But.. my tendency for creative analysis suggests otherwise. It's more likely cynicism. I blame my own silly teenaged self. It's hardly necessary for me to catalogue my adolescent dreams and their unfortuanate realisation, but there's certainly truth to being careful what you wish for.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, sister!

7:57 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Cool site.. thanks Nelson!

9:48 am  

Post a Comment