May 14, 2006

Tempt me with your eggy smell.

Before 10am this morning, there was a knock on the door. Today being lazy Sunday, I was in bed catching up on 'Lost' episodes. Because I like to put myself first, I would normally ignore knocks on the door (or the telephone ringing) at an inconvenient time.

However, I paused the show, threw on a hoodie and did battle with the sticky front door lock. A man was holding a supermarket bag full of ice cream boxes. He explained to me that he was raising money for his grand-daughter to go to Japan, by selling little plastic bags containing three chocolate-chip biscuits for $1 per bag. "They're fresh," he said, "Made by her grandmother last night. Here," he waved a bag under my nose. "Smell the egg!"

Smell the egg??! As far as enticements go, this doesn't carry much weight with me. Still, I hate to turn down anything chocolate-chip, so I bought some all the same.

I saw Voom last night at the King's Arms for A Low Hum. They were fantastic (as was Disasteradio). Roll on, the new album. And roll on, this Friday night...

1 Comments:

Blogger ANNA said...

That was pretty weird about the eggy smell thing. Still, you are a 'true consumer' [it's a family tradition!] and bought some so the chocolate must have smelt OK. Bet they're not as good as mine tho.

11:55 am  

Post a Comment