May 15, 2006

St George, dragon.



Now that's what I'm talking about. I don't know why, but I'm a total sucker for statues, columns, fountains, and a wide range of architectural frivolities. And if there's a myth or legend involved, even better! Living in Copenhagen, I was spoiled for such things, and I miss it. I think I should have studied history. (Have just started Michael King's 'Being Pakeha Now', I wasn't sure if I could make it though his history of NZ without a primer.)

Even though I don't intend to go for aeons yet, I've begun to plot the route my Overseas Adventure will take. Broadly speaking, I'd like to travel up through Asia, across Russia, around Scandinavia, south and east into Europe, and then westwards, visiting more countries than than I can count on all my fingers and toes. And the end point? Not sure... beyond the obvious, I've got a good while to think about it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment