August 24, 2006

more last.fm

Quiet times in the backyard - but not terribly quiet elsewhere. I've discovered the perfect vehicle for writing about music. Can you guess? Yes.. it's last.fm. The focus on music, linking bands, albums and individual tracks, combined with another newly discovered site (www.songmeanings.net), has provided the impetus for me to give shape to various random thoughts inspired by listening to my favourite music.

If that piques your interest, you can find these random thoughts here. So far I've mused on Dimmer's Scrapbook, The Werewolf by Luke Buda, There Goes My Outfit by The Dears, Dinosaur Jr's Get Me, Sweetest Decline by Beth Orton, Now It's On by Grandaddy and most recently, Jesus the Mexican Boy by Iron & Wine. It's not profound - but it is fun.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

And if you're very interested, there's a live feed here.

11:50 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am interested. Added to Google Reader!

I have the exact same problem with MOG.com. I'm trying to find ways that I can automagically get the stuff off MOG to also appear on my site without me having to repost. Not straightforward (although some blogging tools, like the one noizy uses, make this exact thing sooper-eazy).

I've put a spliced together feed for all my off-site stuff (flickr.com; ma.gnolia.com; MOG.com; and corkd.com) on my home page. It doesn't work that great, but it's a start.

1:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! Songmeanings.net. I put as many P.F. lyrics up as I could be bothered/decipher.

3:54 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Cheers Alan! I haven't checked out MOG.com yet. Will do so later on.. What is it about magnolia that is better than delicious? I am quite established with my delicious links now.

Lisa - it was you that put me onto it :)

6:21 am  

Post a Comment