October 15, 2006

Wellington

I am tired after my weekend of Wellington.

My flight got in just before 1pm on Friday. It was a gorgeous clear and sunny day, and not even the giant unwieldy diesel 12-seater rental I was driving could shift my good mood. I headed for Cuba St, and within an hour I'd found myself a dress to wear to the music awards. That is a big deal for me, a confirmed retarded shopper. Thank you, nice staff at Frutti.

Then I had lunch at Roti Chenai. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

And the rest of the day was working. The Dimmer show at SFBH was a sell-out, and it was good. You can read about it here, on Hubris.

On Saturday morning I spent some time at Arty Bees bookstore, almost as dear to me as Roti Chenai, and I picked up a couple of old yellowed titles. They will have to wait until I have finished with Haruki Murakami's 'Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World'. I'm digging it. Shout out to Marilyn for the suggestion, and why not also for her very awesome music recommendations. While I'm at it, thanks for lunch on Saturday! Twas a feverish day of coffee dates and telling the same stories - still got the knack for drama, huh?!

Finally I made it to a Country Club: Germany. Fab. I had forgotten to bug my German flatmate for a fact, so I made one up: Germany shares a border with seven European countries. I was going to say six, but seven sounded more plausible. Everyone believed me, which was gratifying, as I am seldom compelled to make things up.

This morning I had family time, on behalf of my lovely little niece Bella's 2nd birthday. It was a pretty grim day, grey, cold windy and rainy, and I was quite pleased to return to Auckland. A wonderful Wellington weekend, however. I do appreciate being able to walk just about everywhere I want to go.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul Capewell said...

I spent a lot of time in Arty Bees too, when I was staying in Wellington. :)

6:59 pm  
Blogger Tomatohead said...

Glad you got back to Roti Chenai! Yay for getting your scarf back, too.

11:58 pm  

Post a Comment