January 22, 2007

Moving, just keep moving..

Have I mentioned that I'm finally doing it?

The decision that has been in the making for so long has finally been made; I've told the boss and the friendly neighbour that I'm soon (in a few months' time) to abandon them. It's taken me such a long time to decide, but I know it's the right thing to do.

So it's research time now. I feel like a small child in a mountain meadow with a tiny net, struggling to catch a thousand multi-coloured butterflies. But even just a couple will be a good start.

Now I'm checking out Lonely Planet's 'Europe On A Shoestring' and browsing sites like couchsurfing.com, hospitalityclub.org, and helpx.net. The plan is for my travel buddy and I to work/travel our way around Europe for as long as we can afford. We don't really know how long that will be, but we hope it might be up to three months. The vague plan is that making connections through sites like the ones above will help our meagre budgets stretch a bit further.

And after that, I'll wind up in London. Another escape, to another circus..

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome! see you over here for festival fever. a few years off from nz is the best break. we are due for the first snow dump this week BRRRRRR!

1:23 pm  
Blogger Paul Capewell said...

Wow...

Such big plans! Best of luck planning it all (that stuff is half the fun if you ask me...)

When you show up in London, I'd love to get you a drink :)

3:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastic! what exciting news js! i myself am hatching travel plans, but not for another 18-24 months. can't wait until the next time we get to catch up.

x x x mej

3:23 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Thanks people. Suggestions are welcome, btw! Particularly for making meagre budgets stretch to unheard of proportions.

9:03 pm  
Blogger Tomatohead said...

Yay you for going back to Europe!
You won't regret it!

Come to California if you can! It's a stop on the way to London on United and Air NZ. Beds, food, beer, heaps of sunshine (you'll need your dose before going to the UK).

T-head

9:52 pm  
Blogger Marlene said...

Lucky you, Jessie! It sounds like being born again. I wish you the best.

8:59 am  

Post a Comment