December 22, 2004

Napoleon Dynamite

Last night I saw this. It is the funniest movie I have seen in a long time. Go. Laugh. Be amused. Napoleon Dynamite is totally my new hero (sorry Ace). Seriously people, apparently this movie polarises audiences but take a chance - it's gold. Absolutely. Napoleon is the ultimate underdog hero, eternally downtrodden, frustrated and the personification of exasperation. I didn't see him smile once in the whole movie. Pedro is the perfect FES-like sidekick. Deb is totally cool as the girl-geek. The storyline meanders a little... yet it's just so damn funny and I dunno, ironic or something. Be sure to stay for the extra scene after the credits. I tried to join the fanclub but it's freaking out on me for not having a state to enter. Stupid American site. I could go on but you should probably just see it. And buy me the DVD, too, while you're at it.

I also saw Disasteradio, Lady Luck and Paselode last night. Disasteradio is great and I am enjoying his new stuff heaps. Lady Luck are coming along, I find their singer is a bit much - imo, audiences are pretty reticent and unsure how to take that kind of performance - but I think they've got a lot to offer and all-girl bands are pretty thin on the ground these days. Although I'm probably not supposed to draw attention to that. Whatever. Paselode were excellent, they played a lot of new material (just three off the album: Beeswax, Begone and King Kong) and temporary (?) drummer Phil from the Inkling/TLBT gelled perfectly. There were some vague rumours that Shihad might play but most people had the good sense not to get their hopes up.

I'm still going on holiday. Some stuff just has to be said. And thanks all for your opinions below. Bloggers, huh. Always with the talk about blogging.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Thanks Jo, but I don't think you could match Napoleon's skills. He's also got quite a sexy voice. Heh.

1:25 am  
Blogger Cece Martinez said...

We saw that the other night! It was GREAT!

Merry Christmas Jessie! And have a Wonderfully Happy New Year!

Cece

2:34 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Wow, according to this Lady Luck aren't actually all girls. Oops. Guess I wasn't looking very carefully. Maybe they really are the new Batrider? We'll see.

6:22 am  

Post a Comment