December 22, 2004

Napoleon Dynamite

Last night I saw this. It is the funniest movie I have seen in a long time. Go. Laugh. Be amused. Napoleon Dynamite is totally my new hero (sorry Ace). Seriously people, apparently this movie polarises audiences but take a chance - it's gold. Absolutely. Napoleon is the ultimate underdog hero, eternally downtrodden, frustrated and the personification of exasperation. I didn't see him smile once in the whole movie. Pedro is the perfect FES-like sidekick. Deb is totally cool as the girl-geek. The storyline meanders a little... yet it's just so damn funny and I dunno, ironic or something. Be sure to stay for the extra scene after the credits. I tried to join the fanclub but it's freaking out on me for not having a state to enter. Stupid American site. I could go on but you should probably just see it. And buy me the DVD, too, while you're at it.

I also saw Disasteradio, Lady Luck and Paselode last night. Disasteradio is great and I am enjoying his new stuff heaps. Lady Luck are coming along, I find their singer is a bit much - imo, audiences are pretty reticent and unsure how to take that kind of performance - but I think they've got a lot to offer and all-girl bands are pretty thin on the ground these days. Although I'm probably not supposed to draw attention to that. Whatever. Paselode were excellent, they played a lot of new material (just three off the album: Beeswax, Begone and King Kong) and temporary (?) drummer Phil from the Inkling/TLBT gelled perfectly. There were some vague rumours that Shihad might play but most people had the good sense not to get their hopes up.

I'm still going on holiday. Some stuff just has to be said. And thanks all for your opinions below. Bloggers, huh. Always with the talk about blogging.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jo Hubris said...

I can't believe you love him more than you love me. I'll dance for you, dammit!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Thanks Jo, but I don't think you could match Napoleon's skills. He's also got quite a sexy voice. Heh.

1:25 AM  
Blogger supergood said...

Bah, why is it that I always forget my blogger username when it wants me to sign in, and then i forget what it was that I was going to say!

Bloggers do tend to go on a bit dont they? Mostly only online though eh. Or is that a lie?

9:07 AM  
Blogger Cece said...

We saw that the other night! It was GREAT!

Merry Christmas Jessie! And have a Wonderfully Happy New Year!

Cece

2:34 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Wow, according to this Lady Luck aren't actually all girls. Oops. Guess I wasn't looking very carefully. Maybe they really are the new Batrider? We'll see.

6:22 AM  
Blogger qishaya said...

abercrombiefitch.uk.com propose Concise design model, whether it is Abercrombie fitch or a shirt, jacket is a good array oh.Ultra-Zan’s pants manner. buy Abercrombie Make up your body a little less than the curve.Abercrombie sale Easily with any clothing, different shoes and boots with different styles. Both kind, genial comfort, you can also cool very special Abercrombie .Designed to highlight hurtful the chest, waist and hip, quite close, sexy extraordinary.Companies consider the use of at least 4 time in-gravity Japanese market. Ginza stockroom Abercrombie & FitchAbercrombie Sweaters may be the most costly ever built one of the flagship storeroom, flagship stockpile in cheap Abercrombie compared to superior construction expenses for 1800-2000 million. The circle spokesman said in Tokyo supplies opened for the Abercrombie & Fitch's worldwide growth policy in provisos of a very important measure. Ginza supply is the circle's first mass in Asia, the business campaign to open next year in Fukuoka, Japan, out of a moment Asian restaurant. However, abercrombie stores the spokeswoman did not disclose more shop list.present high level and high assess clothing for youngsters. The food extended of Abercrombie and Fitch embrace not only casual wears,breitling watches, shirts and dresses for the youngsters but it also includes luxury matter such as perfumes and discount Abercrombie accessories. The new limit of yield from Abercrombie and Fitch has superb designs for kids and teenagers. The strain is also recognized for its advertisements,model watches, where you have physically attractivpoorly clad men and women, who begin vigorous, abercrombie outlet enthusiastic, smart and outgoing.Abercrombie 2010

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment