December 01, 2004

# 7 nz alt chart for hot swiss mistress

'The Method of Being a Happy Man', recorded by Joel Cosgrove at Marmalade for IAT in September, has pushed up to number 7 on the alternative chart. I am pretty surprised about it all - how does a song get up there anyway? It's a great song, for sure, but I haven't even managed to give local bNet station Radio Active a working copy. I keep meaning to but still haven't gotten around to calling up all the radio stations and random industry peeps I sent the track to, just to ask if it played through okay. The quality of the burns I did seems to vary. I tried installing a new burning programme... next time I'll try adjusting my burn speed. I think that the chart thing means that someone, someplace is giving it some airtime... Liz Barry played it on Homegrown on Saturday, that was cool - but the whole time it was going I was holding my breath to see if it skipped!

For an idea of who else is up there, here's some names:

1 - the D4 w/ Sake Bomb
2 - the Phoenix Foundation w/ Hitchcock
3 - Alphrisk w/ The A-Men
4 - the Fanatics w/ Buddy
5 - the Bads w/ Bity by Bit
6 - Shaft w/ Kein Essen
7 - Hot Swiss Mistress w/ the Method of Being a Happy Man
8 - The Chills w/ Torturing Me
9 - R.E.S. w/ Bad Muthafuckas
10 - Pitch Black w/ Lost in Translation

'The Method...' is too long a title so it gets truncated to 'The Method of Being a Happy...' Sort of wide open for interpretation. Only I can't think beyond it.

On a housekeeping note, I got rid of the post summaries thing. It was bugging me.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Once I figure out how I'm going to install the stupidly named 'peekaboo' comments. I have tried twice already and failed. Maybe I'll have a spare six hours tonight.

8:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!!!! congrats to you and HSM - see you on friday night.

xomarilyn

9:49 pm  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

God! that bloody "peekaboo" thing drove me around the bend for days! If ya need any help, i'll copy my blog settings into an attachment (Seeing as we're both using the same template), plus the conversational advice that Tam gave me into another one, for your persusal if ya need it.

Otherwise, gooood luck!
S.

4:22 am  
Blogger Tam said...

That conversational advice being something like 'I HATE YOU SO MUCH! OMG! THE TAGS! THE TAGS!' blogger hacks are such a pain in the ass.

1:22 pm  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Heh! yea, i seem to remember it going something like that... useless? Me?

*coughs*

3:23 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Have you seen the random variation in text size on this page? The way part of my Weebl & Bob box disappears in Firefox but not in IE? How all of the photos I post are the same boring size? I need all the help I can get.

9:53 pm  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

i haven't noticed all that much, but as far as webpages vary... Tams is currently one of the best looking blogs out there. but all her posts make way for huge whiteness sometimes, when i'm using IE. I think it's something to do with the pictures she posts and IE being displeased with their size and location... if yer page looks ok in at least ONE browser i wouldn't worry overly.

=}

1:20 am  
Blogger Tam said...

Hey! Success with the peekaboo comments! Hurrah! If I weren't going away for a week I'd help you with your other quibbles but as you've conquered the peek a boo -- the mightiest of all! -- I'm sure you're very capable :)

5:01 am  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

looks great now!

*applause*

7:17 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Thanks. The support is much appreciated (yup it's a sensitive day - stand by for anomalous rule-breaking post later on). It took me about two hours of line-by-line code checking until I finally found a duplicate 'div' tag which had the unusual effect of making the text size get smaller and smaller as the page scrolled down. I wonder what 'div' means?

8:59 pm  

Post a Comment