November 23, 2004

Blue Pill/Red Pill

What if, in the Matrix, Neo had taken both the blue pill and the red pill? And thrown in some Nurofen Plus and a bit of smoke for luck? He’d probably have had a pretty spacey time, much like my night on Friday. Charlie Ash packed out Katipo café, played a wicked set, and pretty much had the room on fire. Likewise Mr Scruff packed out Subnine, so much that the queue to get in – with a ticket – took about half an hour. But I didn’t mind, cos I was floating somewhere a few metres above the queue, practising levitation. Given my state of mind, I can’t say much about the music, apart from that it was funky, I danced and sweat dripped on to me - a great night!

On Saturday I went to the Package 6th birthday party at Phoenix. Hot Swiss Mistress were first on in the live zone, and they played a great set to a growing crowd, many of whom had no idea who they were so I was a happy camper indeed. New frontiers! OdESSA took the stage next and had everyone shakin’ ass and GND were on last. WOW Dougie B is good at beatboxing! Something like eight different sounds all at once!! Mad styles.

I went to see Hero last night. Much like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, it features incredible scenery, impressive cinematography, lots of full-on fight scenes, and overarching themes of love, loyalty and utilitarianism. Not my most favourite movie in the world but pretty cool nonetheless.

The best thing about today is that there’s only one sleep to go until my full-noise, hard-core, one hour deep tissue massage tomorrow afternoon! The knots in my back and shoulders are beginning to resemble a macramé rug… Johnny the guitar maestro has many talents, massage being one, and he has located some particularly impressive lumps’o’muscle or whatever it is that knots are… I declare war.

Check this out. Aw dolphins.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger limegreen said...

That dolphin story is very very cool

9:49 pm  
Blogger SingleFin said...

Yay for the dolphins!
And while I'm here, yay for Mr Scruff!
And, to make it a hat trick, yay for anyone who feels they need a yay today!

8:30 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Singlefin, thanks for the link! That map of NZ cracks me up... 'NORTH ISLAND' 'SOUTH ISLAND' It's very comprehensive.

10:41 am  
Blogger SingleFin said...

No problemo. Hope it helps with your navigation! :)

11:19 am  
Blogger SingleFin said...

Yay! Supergood!

11:37 am  

Post a Comment