October 29, 2004

New stuff!

Today I got a digital camera. Yeah! You know what’s coming. Any clues on what I should inflict on y'all first? (Minds out of the gutter thanks very much!)

Funnily enough, I've been really busy with work and band stuff, hence the lack of updating. I spent a few hours writing and sending a press release for our tour the other night - anyone reading this who received it: you'd never guess it took that long would you! Then I spent last night mass producing demos of Hot Swiss Mistress' latest recording. It's called 'The Method of Being a Happy Man', and I'm so pleased they recorded it, as it's my favourite song. As well as doing all the burning, I played through each and every copy to make sure there were no glitches - I've been 'burnt' in the past. It meant I missed out on seeing Bunnies on Ponies at the Matterhorn, which is a shame, as I was keen to see how Warner went on backing vox plus there were two lapsteels!

So, did you click the link? New Hot Swiss Mistress website!! It's under construction at this stage, but once it's all operational (in a few weeks' time) I'm hoping the 'Method' track will be available for listening as well as all manner of insights into the life of the 'Mistress.

Today I had the opportunity to find answers for a few questions I've been wondering about. My questions:
  1. Why do people's eyes change colour when they're angry?
  2. Is chewing gum bad for my teeth? (It's sugar free.)
  3. How do I know how much I should be getting paid?
There were some interesting responses, many of them a load of shite. I think someone's pulling my leg with this response to question 3: "Take your salary. Add half again. Do this every two years. There you go..."

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Cool, neato camera...

I suggest a carpet level/bugs eye view of your lounge, or indeed any room of yer house that yer choose.

A non-flash profile view of yerself.

A pic of somewhere that holds a favourite memory.

your naked... EYE!

hug-type-things!
S.x

8:28 pm  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Buon punto S.G!

(heh. Italian.)

2:10 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Sì, abbastanza adatto.

Stand by.

4:50 am  
Blogger Barry said...

I heard my very first Hot Swiss Mistress track today and loved it - I have no idea what the name was, the DJ on Radio 1 took so long saying it, I'd forgotten the beginning by the time she was finished! But a very cool guitar and slow drum, just the sort of thingh I like. So, I'll venture out to see 'em next week, either at the Wunderbar or the Crown.

10:06 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Hooray! Thanks for the comment Barry, it's absolutely great to hear that the track is getting airplay. At the gigs, I expect I'll be on the door, or else leading the charge in front of the stage - don't be shy.

1:32 am  
Blogger Barry said...

Very much enjoyed the gig on Thursday, almost made it to Saturday's one as well. You were busy any time the bands weren't playing, so didn't come say hello.

8:26 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Thanks heaps for coming! I'm sorry I didn't meet you though. It was a bit of a full-on evening. I'll post some pictures n stuff soon.

7:45 pm  

Post a Comment