October 30, 2004

In brief

I've been working on an article for next month's A Low Hum, hence the still-up-and-switched-on at 3am. I've reached the end of what could loosely be termed productivity, and just before I switch off, I had a quick browse at a couple of sites I visit occasionally. While checking out How To Learn Swedish in 1000 Difficult Lessons, I found a link to this post. Given what is said, I'm linking to it because with November 2nd approaching (I'm informed that it's Election Day in the States) maybe someone who lives in the US will stumble upon it here and be persuaded to vote in a rational manner...

In unrelated news, I went to see 'The Forgotten' this evening with Lovely Matt. It was heaps of fun. I was reluctant to go to a 'horror/thriller' - I so seldom go to the movies that I like it to be something highly significant when I do (like In My Father's Den, which I have yet to see)- but it was pretty entertaining, in spite of the IMDB review. I even shouted in surprise at one point - now if that's not value for money!!

Poor old Matt - I spent a large part of the evening laughing helplessly at him: he's sprained his ankle pretty badly playing soccer and being generally amusing at the best of times, he's completely hilarious lurching along on crutches. The best thing about Matt is that even in the worst of circumstances, he always has a brilliant sense of humour.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Bugger! THass scary! That poor Annie! (Strange name for a guy, though).

S.x

3:59 am  
Blogger limegreen said...

You should definitely see In My Father's Den, although make sure you have something to cheer yourself up with afterward.

Might see you at the weekend, if the chaos subsides.

2:21 am  

Post a Comment