November 24, 2004

Hot Swiss Mistress get chart action!

We got chart action!! Hot Swiss Mistress’ track ‘The Method of Being a Happy Man’ has positively leaped up the New Zealand alternative chart from entry last week at number 120 to a fat number 22 this week! *spontaneous dance around office* Once www.hotswissmistress.co.nz is up and running I expect that’s where such Exciting News will be posted… but until then, you heard it here first!

Last night I went to a mayoral reception for Wellington Music Week, only the mayor wasn’t there. It was also the launch of a report by Rocky Douche on the state of the Wellington music industry and where it could go from here. Kinda cool to hang out in Council Chambers enjoying the hospitality of the city… thanks taxpayers!

You know those new corporate-wear just-below-the-knee pants that all the trendy office-job women are wearing nowadays? Yesterday while walking to work I had a revelation that they’re awfully similar to culottes, the fashion faux pas of the 90s. Eek! (I still kind of want some.)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger noizy said...

argh, totally forgot about the mayoral reception. how was it? my sort of scene?

8:49 pm  
Blogger SingleFin said...

Woo! Yeah! I'd drink to that, but have no beverages with me :( ah well, when I get back to civilisation, I'll drink to that; TWICE!


Or why not make it a hat trick?

9:33 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Nat - not sure what your kind of scene is - but there was a fair amount of free booze so I'm guessing yes! A few speeches, mostly a lot of schmoozing. I forgot my schmooze hat so I mostly hung out with an eight-year old. As you do.

Thanks for the congratulations Singlefin, I certainly think it's worth drinking to! I'll be at the Blue Note (?!) on Saturday for the A Low Hum release - congratulatory pints are welcome.

7:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one! Good to see all your hard work (and the bands of course!) paying off...

Janus

12:44 am  
Blogger SingleFin said...

Ok, J, you buy me a ticket to NZ, and I'll buy you pints with pleasure! :):)

2:04 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

How about a raincheck for now Singlefin? :)

10:09 pm  

Post a Comment