November 28, 2004

A Low Hum 14

GoldenAxe, Disasteradio, the Coolies, Cortina, and Die! Die! Die! What a treat! Plus it meant I got to go to the Blue Note. True to faffing form, I arrived late and missed both GoldenAxe and Disasteradio. The Coolies were awesome! The first time I saw them was at Good Luck, and it was a Sunday night, so I wasn’t really at top form. This was heaps better. The band really looked like they were loving it, and the crowd certainly were. Cortina kicked ass too, they seem to be getting better and better. I really like the track ‘2001 Ways to Love Me’, featured on the last A Low Hum cd. I hear there’s an EP, but I haven’t managed to get hold of it yet. Possibly this week. This month’s A Low Hum is a good ‘un, features the Chandeliers, Ejector, DSuper, Alec Bathgate, David Kilgour and more.

On Friday I went to Happy to see the Timeless Sounds’ last gig/Gareth Thomas and the Spectacles’ first gig. Woebegone were playing when we arrived. They were great, especially the blindfolded girl playing violin – strings are tops. I didn’t really like the singer’s style though. There I was, being carried away by the soundscapey-ness of it all, when his super-aggressive screams of ‘Killer! Killer! Killer!’ dragged me sharply back to a world of fear. Can’t win em all. Gareth Thomas and the Spectacles had a good first gig, moving into a more loungey style than predecessor the Red Circle Gang. As for the Timeless Sounds, it’s pretty sad that they’re done now, dunno why? Probably if I’d stayed for the whole set I’d know why, but I was tiired.

I heard a rumour that the Fanatics might be playing Rock Cradle this week. There are some other bands on the gig guide, but who knows... did anyone see them on Top of the Pops last night? Pretty funny.

Today has been a really nice day, even with hangover.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Okay, it's confirmed. See y'all on Tuesday @ Indigo.

2:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Home & Away Omnibus? Are you for real?!

8:27 am  

Post a Comment