December 10, 2004

SJD and Ghostplane

I saw Ghostplane and SJD at Indigo last night. It was cold and rainy, but the trip out was well worth it. Ghostplane played so well, and SJD was just superb – and a lot more at ease than at Bodega with the Inkling in late August. It wasn't a huge crowd, which meant lots of room for dancing.

To demonstrate my ultimate fangirlness, after SJD’s completely satisfying set I conspired to pocket the setlist, which was taped with black masking tape to the wall bordering the stage. (Apparently I collect SJD setlists.) I hung around once the set was over waiting for my opportunity and without any drama persuaded the sound man to pass it to me. Which means I can break the trend and actually be knowledgeable about which songs they played! I particularly enjoyed Rising Falling Rising, Track, and State… and From A to B or Not To Be, Witness, and *especially* Down A Hole… Guiding Light was the encore. The Place is Surrounded came up early on, mmm lovely song. So I think I’ve probably made it abundantly clear by now that I really dig SJD and Southern Lights is probably one of my top three albums of the year.

It was a lovely relaxed gig, and it made me all warm and happy.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger The Saturnyne said...

I do hope you took those pics. Because i soo want to say "Wow! Neato work, Jessie!"

S.xx

2:51 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Saturnyne: yes, I took them - thanks!
Catch ya soon Jimmy.

6:52 pm  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Wow! Neato work, Jessie!

Looks just like the photos that the pro's get paid vast sums for.

yeah!

S.x

5:04 am  

Post a Comment