March 21, 2005

"Due to unprecedented caller demand...

...our answer time may be in excess of ten minutes."

I've spent a fair bit of time on the phone to Air New Zealand lately, given the crazy fog issues in Wellington and the subsequent closure of the airport. Mostly it's been pretty frustrating, and some of the operators have made it more so while to be fair, others have been great.

Either way, I'm still in Wellington, and I'm soon to make another drawn-out phone call to see what options are before me. I'm sure I'll get to Melbourne somehow. The important thing is that I've adjusted my focus, back to where it should have been all along, and I feel lighter. Eyes on the prize!

I don't know what's going to happen. That's okay.

edit - for overseas visitors - new stories about the fog at Wellington Airport.


Blogger The Saturnyne said...

A leap in the dark?

Can be pretty exciting!

Such a thrill.

Fog is neat. But not when yer flying. Safe journeys.


2:08 AM  
Blogger Barry said...

When are you supposed to go? I came through Wellington airport today - it was only a little bit hairy, not helped by the pilot saying "our chances of landing are marginal". Marginal! That sounded like the chances of not landing and just crashing were better than marginal.

Anyway, what he meant was that the two prior planes had gone up to Palmie, but we landed without trouble and, after sitting for an hour in the plane (because they were so convinced we would not land they cancelled check in for those joining the flight south), got away safely. They're doing their best but can't say from one minute to the next how things are.

9:56 AM  
Blogger supergood said...

I'll tell you what, the posse I had almost organised for the lynching of Air NZ (for not refunding or whatever it was) will now be redirected towards the weather. I am utterly convinved I can take on Gaia and win.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

I'm still in Wellington. My flight to Auckland last night was cancelled, so I've missed my flight out of Auckland to Melbourne. Fingers are firmly crossed for a Wellington-Melbourne direct flight this afternoon. According to their website, there are some flights landing, and one or two taking off, so I'll check back in another hour or two. I've just woken up, but I still feel exhausted.

Thanks for the thought Jimmy, no refund required, I just want me to be out of this country. Running away is something I do well.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Have just woken up again. I hope you're all on the edge of your seats waiting to see if I get outta here or not.

The outlook is good - there's blue sky and sun showing through!! I think someone is looking out for me. The amputatation of the Auckland leg of the trip has worked out for the best after all.

11:47 PM  
Blogger supergood said...

Jawsome! Hope all is swell!

10:36 AM  
Blogger cotard said...

I want to assume that you made it across the Tasman...

Geez I hope you love Melbourne... it's my favourite city.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was very nervous last Monday because my boyfriend was due to arrive at 10.25 pm that night. Miraculously his plane was one of the ONLY ones that actually made it, and only 40 minutes late! ... PLUS, I'm going to go to Melbourne with him soon. I'm excited by the thought.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

Whoops. That was me.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Cotard: Melbourne was excellent. I really liked it, once I got there... Sydney was cool too but not quite as cool. I'll post some photos n stuff soon.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment