February 24, 2005

Fringe: Bad Manor

I went to see a Fringe Festival play last night at the Lorne St theatre: Bad Manor. It was a comment on Destiny’s Church and the differing strands beneath the banner of Christianity. They called Destiny’s Church "the Brotherhood of the Imaginary Friend". It was superb. It’s on for two more nights – thoroughly recommended!

The play focuses on a flat of seven twenty-somethings and their reactions to the Brotherhood’s publicity and political stance regarding the Civil Unions Act 2005. There’s some great discussion of the issues from a variety of perspectives, and the acts are split by hilarious sermons from Dwayne Zealot, the pastor of the Brotherhood of the Imaginary Friend (haha, still makes me laugh :).

There are two more shows: tonight and tomorrow night, at 7:30, Lorne St Theatre (corner Lorne St and Cambridge Tce). Tomorrow I’m going to check out Eating the Wolf.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

I'll try and remember for next time.

1:40 am  
Blogger Miramar Mike said...

Yep, a little more warning - but don't stop telling us the good stuff, this is what I'm looking for

1:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great, Mssr Tamaki so needs the shit taken out of him! He makes my toes shrivel.

9:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dayle here. I played Lynda in Bad Manor - my flatmate randomly found this site. Thanks heaps for the lovely comment, ummm we invited Destiny Church, Brian etc - but they declined. However our posters mysteriously started getting ripped down the day after I spoke to DC. Hmmmm?

That's probably about it.

8:39 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Hey Dayle, thanks for stopping by. You know it's me, right??

7:50 pm  

Post a Comment