February 10, 2005

Hedonism: the Way of the Future

As I may have mentioned elsewhere, I believe that a person has to have things to look forward to. I spent a lot of time looking forward to Big Day Out, and then Soundsplash, and now that they're over, I've stacked up a few new things to look forward to.

Today I booked flights for a week in Australia over the Easter break. I'm sure my boss will love to let me have another three days off... hello, unpaid leave! I'm going to visit Melbourne and Sydney each for a few days.

Easter isn't for another six or seven weeks, so that's a pretty good thing to look forward to. It's also going to be something of an adventure into the unknown, which is a further positive attribute.

Closer to hand, there's lots on this weekend - the Checks and Connan and the Mockasins at Bodega on Friday, and on Saturday there's 'Respect' at the Dowse, the Island Bay Festival, Lederhosen Lucil with Cortina and Disasteradio at Indigo, and the Mint Chicks at Happy. It's a shame that I spent my last coin in an insane bidding war on trademe this afternoon. And!! how could I forget - TrinityRoots, FLASH HARRY!!, Rhombus and Rhian Sheehan at the Town Hall this Sunday! Lucky for me I bought my ticket already. Good times ahead.

Did I mention I'm thinking of changing occupations from 'professional secret keeper' to 'hedonist'?

10 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

This. Check out how crazy the bidding got! It was war, I tells ya. And scarily like gambling.

10:43 pm  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

How much is that in English currency? It sounds a fortune! You're all mad! Mad!

Probably not as mad as me, though... Although, i personally believe that i'm the sanest person there is...

*grins while sharpening axe*

S.x

12:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jess

I am being a helper at the Tsunami concert on Sunday - will see you there! I will probably be selling drinks or something like that, but hopefully I get to see some of the show....

Janus

12:48 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Oh Saturnyne, you and your axe. Could have used you between 4:07 and 4:20 yesterday afternoon!
NZ$46 = £17.50.

Jane - I've coerced Ange into coming too. I imagine it'll be packed, but we'll look out for you!

1:00 am  
Blogger Barry said...

Yes, that's just what I needed: a reminder that there can be good T-Shirts for sale on trademe and mention of another trader with whom I can deal. Thanks a bunch.

5:19 am  
Blogger Barry said...

BTW, if you get to Lederhosen Lucil, let us know what that's about. She's here next Friday and I'm probably going, but there are a few comments floating about that her gigs are pretty dire; they may be from people who lack a clue.

No Shins on your list of things to anticipate?

5:22 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

OOoooooh look at this new comments screen!! Wow!

Now. Where was I. Barry, I'm gonna try some stealth action to get in to Indigo for Lederhosen Lucil. I don't think I'll make the Mint Chicks though cos there's no stealthing Happy. Anyway I think I'd be a little afraid in that confined space. Seeing the Fanatics there was scary enough! As for the Shins, I'm not cool enough to know much about them, plus I've gotta go into ultra conservative mode for the next six weeks - destination Australia.

6:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much does it pay, being a professional hedonist, and where do I sign up?

11:00 am  
Blogger fishboy said...

The wages are pretty crappy but the hours are agreeable and the perks are sweeeeet..

3:01 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

I've been trying to find some place to d/l 'em... I'll track it down. Thanks for the recommendation!

7:38 pm  

Post a Comment