January 27, 2005

The Phoenix Foundation at the Botanical Gardens

The general consensus was that there were fuckloads of people at the Botanical Gardens Soundshell this evening to see the Phoenix Foundation play. There's something quite special about live music outdoors, and there's always something special about the Phoenix Foundation. There aren't many bands that know how to build tension and really work a crowd - but these boys seldom disappoint. I tried out a few different settings on my camera as you'll see... unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of Richie - too many drums in the way!
Sam
Luke
Will
Conrad
Warner
Luke
Sam

Their second album should be out in April... just quietly, I've heard a few tracks, and it's sounding sublime.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Okay I've had some hints on improving these pictures so once I get a few spare hours I'll give it a try. And yes, I am the biggest fangirl ever ever. (For ever ever?)

7:55 pm  
Blogger teedoubleyou said...

i'm so curious as to who you are. same age, possibly same school, definitely same city we grew up in...

2:12 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Really? If you went to my school, I'm sure you'd know me as it was pretty small - SHC. Give me a hint?

12:57 pm  
Blogger teedoubleyou said...

oh i went to WHS, left in 97... lived near kai iwi beach... written for a low hum too... random!

12:51 am  
Blogger Cece Martinez said...

hotties! hubba hubba!

2:43 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Thanks! Yeah, it was awesome to see them outdoors, and better than the BDO set (although 'Sister Risk' at BDO was something else!) I guess you'll see them play soon enough - you're in Welly now, right?

9:11 pm  
Blogger nelly bloggs said...

Fantastic pics, Jess, thanks so much. Weren't they fantastic. What a mellow night. I really regretted not taking my camera. Did you take any pics of the crowd?

10:01 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Hi Nelly, yeah I took some crowd shots, in particular one panorama that just wouldn't stop! Thanks.

Scribbles, that is very interesting. You write for Blink too? *puts on detective hat*

2:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, is there any chance you could email me a crowd shot? At foreword@optusnet.com.au

Nelly Bloggs

6:43 am  

Post a Comment