February 08, 2005

Stop-gap: the Weekend


My weekend in 135 words or less: After a TWO HOUR delay (capitals compulsory) at the Wellington Airport on Friday night I eventually got to Auckland around 9:30. Auckland was HOTT. I had an excellent time at Galatos where the Black Seeds played a funky and energised set to an appreciative capacity crowd.

Just an aside. When you're in Galatos St and it's raining so you have to huddle in doorways, look out for creepy boys who flash small blue torches at you and say, "This light can pick up traces of semen and urine!" Freak.

The pic is of the Japanese Garden of Contemplation, which can be found at the Hamilton Gardens. Yes! I spent enough time in Hamilton to explore the Gardens! Now there's a story. More to come on Soundsplash.

5 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Bloody hell! I'm from Hamilton and I haven't visited the gardens. I tell a lie...once for a wedding, but that doesn't count.

8:39 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Hey, when you've got eight hours to kill and Spongebob Squarepants is only an hour and a half long... a fairly average hour and a half at that.

8:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessie, you sure to get around girl. love from down south. Ryan oxoxo

11:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually like a good dose of fog, but that fog made me nervous... especially when driving into the city in peak hour morning traffic... and looking over to your left you could only see the vaguest trace of the water rippling... *starts singing Preaching the End of the World*

8:43 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Shit yeah I was nervous too!!

Ryan! Hello! Hope you're well... fallen off the radar somewhat. Love to you too!

7:47 pm  

Post a Comment