February 01, 2005

Block

I've got nothing much to say right now.

I'm preoccupied with counting down the days. Currently there are two sleeps to go ... which is a vast improvement on ten! I've made arrangements in my usual impulsive slash romantic sort of way, so now all that remains is to sit back and witness the outcome of this latest adventure. I'm quite curious to see how it goes!

It should be a great weekend. Fly to Auckland, see the Black Seeds play at Galatos, then drive to Raglan for Soundsplash. It's my last scheduled adventure until Easter, when I hope to visit Australia for a few days and catch up with friends over there. Although I'll have to sufficiently straighten out my terribly disorganised and somewhat dire financial situation first.

Oh and the title is also a reference to a JPSE song, from the superb Bleeding Star album. Own it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Barry said...

Wow, you get around: weren't in you in Auckland, like, two weeks ago. Enjoy Soundsplash - I was there a couple of years ago, when Fat Freddy's Drp were far away the scene stealers for me. You do know that the best musical event in Australasia is happening over Easter, don't you? I've pretty much persuaded myself I'm going for 3 of the 5 days.

9:51 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Barry, what is this musical event you speak of at Easter??

Joel - yeah, something like that ;)

7:45 pm  
Blogger limegreen said...

Are you talking about that Wanaka thing Barry? I really should just do a little research, as the snippet I got in passing on Breakfast yesterday (You know you've become a work-whore when you are up early enough to watch Breakfast), sounded exciting.

10:54 pm  
Blogger Barry said...

Actually no, not the Wanaka thing, whatever that might be - maybe it can be a back up plan. I speak of the 5 day East Coast Blues and Roots Festival, which happens in Byron Bay over Easter, which has a mad mash up of musicians. I know that the Violent Femmes and REM are coming to NZ, but here they're playing on the same bill. Then you have Bo Diddly playing opposie Spearhead, Sarah McLachlan will be stepping up, John Butler Trio will be there, Jack Johnson, George Thorogood and a whole bunch of people not well known but absolutely loved by me (Ember Swift, the Waifs, Janis Ian).

6:57 am  

Post a Comment