February 15, 2005

Newsflash

Thank you blogger for at last enabling non-blogger comments without requiring me to implement haloscan or some other external provider.

No longer need I worry that people don't want to create blogger accounts simply to comment and nor do they wish to be stuck with the label 'Anonymous', and therefore they do neither.

No longer need I click my way through blogger profile pages on my way to investigate others' net homes, should blogger users choose to change the route.

No more. When you next choose to bestow your two cents upon me, you'll notice a shiny new popup box appear. If you select 'other', you'll be given the option of entering your name and url. It'd be nice if you could also leave an email address, since many people don't have an url... but it's a start. And there's always haloscan.

(30 seconds later)

Ah! It's possible to leave an email address rather than an url like so: mailto:mail@backyard.co.nz. Wow, this has totally been my year of geek, and I state that with a strange mixture of surprise, pride and lack of surprise. (Yes, strange isn't it.)

15 Comments:

Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Hmm, interesting popup comment thing. I like it better than haloscan, too!

S.x

4:14 pm  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Hey, Jess... where didja look for all this geekery? I think i might try this one out, too...

4:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, fancy pants!

7:07 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Here!

7:45 pm  
Blogger noizy said...

gah! after I spent so long getting my haloscan comments just ... so.

8:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's official Jessie. You are a geek. And I say that in the nicest possible way, from one geek to another.

11:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice one geez! now all would be well if you would just change from using light text on a dark background - my blind eyes find it hard to read and its hard to disguise as 'work'!

2:54 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

True. Yeah, an overhaul is on the cards. Right James? ;)

Does anyone else find this box takes ages to load?

Oh and cheers Alan :)

3:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could just choose another template surely? even i can help you out with that one love

7:12 am  
Blogger noizy said...

you could just choose another template surely? No way. Custom templates are where it's at.

And yes, this popup took ages to load.

7:27 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Murphy's Law, huh.

The thing is, Manda, that while this template is a little hard on the eyes on my crappy work comp, it just looks so damn hot on my laptop that I can't imagine changing it! But like I said, one of these days when I have a spare million hours and a death wish, I'll get on to it.

9:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to change the layout? Or just the colours? Or both?

I reckon it looks pretty choice as is, but its always fun to mix things up a bit. If you need a hand with anything, I'll try not to give difficult answers, but all I know about HTML & CSS is what I taught myself with a text editor.

9:52 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Are you going to change the layout? Or just the colours? Or both?Dunno. !

If this newfangled boxness keeps taking so long to load I may have to flag. Could it be a firefox memory thing? *grasping at straws*

8:01 pm  
Blogger Barry said...

White on black is good, is style, is to be kept! I nearly went for it myself but didn't want to be a copycat.

What's up with Blogger - this is two changes to the comments system in the last few days, although this Haloscan-like style is probably better.

9:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

darn people! it's the fault of all you people that so many barely readable sites exist! though, i do make the effort where i have to :)

1:06 am  

Post a Comment