February 21, 2007

Flying



I took this out the window of a nineteen-seater plane. You had to duck to get through the door, and climb over a step halfway down the seats.

Last night I sat until late in the backyard with seven Germans, an American and a French/Indian. I was token kiwi, the only one to know the answer to the Footrot Flats question on the Tui cap. (Who is Wal Footrot's best friend? I got the first name, but not the surname. Takers?) Spending time with travellers is a great way to get into the mindset. My itinerary is slowly taking form.

Calexico tonight at the Studio! I will try and see Jakob too - they are playing support to Thrice at the Powerstation.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger llew said...

Great photo!

Cooch? Cooch Cadwallader? Something like that. Maybe.

7:04 pm  
Blogger llew said...

Cooch Windgrass. I cheated with wikipedia.

7:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there js - i want a full report on calexico - i didn't get a ticket to the welly show (tho, and i'm going to brag a bit here, i have already seen them 3 times). miss you heaps - love ya mej

9:09 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Marilyn.. that is you, yes? Did you get my raving-about-Decemberists email?

Llew: you're right. I was really raking the cobwebs to find 'Cooch' in the back of my brain - but it was in there! Celebration!

9:18 pm  
Blogger Scarlet Dux said...

Calexico rocked the house at San fran last night just so awesome live!

S.

9:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But what's the itinerary? (K)

10:17 am  
Blogger Heather said...

Cooch's real first name is Socrates.

3:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure Cadwallader is Wal's middle name.

11:07 am  

Post a Comment