February 28, 2007

Itinerary?



Has anyone noticed how I always post pictures these days? (This is a Decemberists design for Threadless.) It's not because they tell a thousand words. It's because I'm l a z y busy. Working hard, of course (yep friendly neighbour, that one's for you), and in my spare time getting started with planning my overseas adventures.

I started out with a few ideas of places I want to go, and commenced looking them up in a beaten old Lonely Planet Europe On A Shoestring that Dad had lying about. That went well to begin but then I made the mistake of pulling the atlas off the shelf. Oh, the countries that are in Europe! Before I knew it my list of must-sees had doubled and I was feeling quite overwhelmed by it all.

Now the atlas has gone back on the shelf and I'm sticking to my original plan - travel less, see more. You know what I mean? I've decided that I can't possibly miss Roskilde Festival so I'm going to try and sort out some volunteer work to make that a reality (and I'm also planning to stop by Forma Nova). Likely countries on my current itinerary include Turkey, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Germany, Denmark, and Czech Republic, in seven weeks, more or less. And we're going to pack a tent. Camping!

Any suggestions? I won't make you listen to Calexico first (although that's a very good idea.)

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Paul Capewell said...

I've had Feast of Wire for a year, but only in the last week I have been absolutely hammering it, and it is a beauty. The new album has grabbed me less, but the final track is EPIC.

Also: I like hearing about your plans. And good shout on seeing more/traveling less. Its much more interesting to get a feel for a place, than to tick off countries.

I think I should rendezvous with you in some city for a weekend of exploring :)

Planning ahead, oh yes.

7:21 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Hi Paul, sounds cool :) I just found this Spanish festival and got terribly excited.. but I don't think getting across to Spain will fit in very well. Fingers crossed that Calexico, CSS, Bright Eyes, Iggy, Muse etc etc will play Roskilde too.

7:37 pm  
Blogger Paul Capewell said...

I only just twigged that you're talking about doing this this year, right?

Wow! :)

11:35 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

That's right. I'm going to book my tickets soon! Istanbul here I come..

12:11 am  
Blogger Paul Capewell said...

Amazing... :)

I'd say 'keep me in the loop' but I already stalk you too much as it is!

12:41 am  
Blogger Tomatohead said...

No chance of seeing you as "Logistics Maven" for the band in California in May? Darn!

I second fewer places for saving money and seeing more.

Go Jessie!

4:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoah, a country a week! i can see the smoke behind you from here! bennicassim and roskilde are sposed to be good ones. oh there are so many. exit in serbia is sposed to be awesome too. oxegen lineup sold out today - boo hoooo - muse, arcade fire, kings of leon...

3:28 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Okay, I'm liking the sound of Exit.. would mean missing Forma Nova but the jump up to Denmark is kind of difficult to manage anyhow.

9:06 am  

Post a Comment